Today I’m sharing my top 10 healthy recipes of 2018, including some of my favourite breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas that are easy and delicious!
As we kick off 2019, I can’t help but look back and celebrate the past year and all of the delicious healthy recipes that I shared with you! I’ve rounded up the top 10 recipe posts of 2018, in order of most popular. It looks like you guys can’t get enough chia pudding and pancakes (I’m with you on that)!
- Chia Pudding 3 Ways – Creamy, coconutty thick chia pudding naturally sweetened with 4 simple ingredients 3 ways and ready in 30 min! Chia Pudding Fruit Parfaits are a fun flavourful way to start your morning off! It’s bursting with fruity goodness and satisfying with a creamy pudding like texture. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast that gives you superfood energy and makes you feel like you’re having dessert for breakfast.
- Creamy Chickpea Curry – This Creamy Chickpea Curry cooked in a tomato coconut base is so flavourful and hearty! All it takes is one pot and it’s ready in 10 minutes. Sometimes the best recipes are the ones that are made up of simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry, like canned chickpeas, coconut milk and diced tomatoes. This recipe is super simple and is ready in 10 minutes, which makes it perfect for easy weeknight dinners.
- Easy Healthy Pumpkin Pie – This homemade pumpkin pie is made with real wholesome ingredients, is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, creamy smooth and perfectly spiced – the ultimate fall dessert! What I love about this recipe is that it’s refined sugar-free and made with wholesome ingredients like REAL pumpkin, eggs, coconut flour and maple syrup with all the right spices of course.
- 4 Unexpected Healthy Breakfast Smoothies – 4 easy and healthy breakfast smoothie recipes with unexpected veggies blended right in! If you’ve been following me for a while then you know I’m a bit of a smoothie drinking junkie and like to drink one for breakfast most mornings. Since I enjoy smoothies that are a balance between fruit and veggies I often find myself 9/10 times drinking very GREEN smoothies since often add veggies like leafy greens and cucumber to my blender.
- Healthy Coffee Recipe – One of my favourite drinks to enjoy in the morning to start my day has been what you guys have now named my “HealthNut Coconut Coffee.” It’s frothy, creamy and has some great health benefits without any caffeine! You can of course drink this at bedtime or swap the herbal coffee with the regular stuff but give it a try and see how you feel with a little less caffeine in your day.
- Sheet Pan Chipotle Lime Fajitas – These One Sheet Pan Chipotle Lime Shrimp Fajitas made with a combination of coloured peppers, red onion and avocado stuffed into a warm tortilla wrap ready in less than 30 min!
- Blueberry Oat Pancakes – These Blueberry Oat Pancakes are delicious, moist, and fluffy and makes you feel like you’re having cake for breakfast. Sometimes you just need a big stack of pancakes, topped with more blueberries, sliced bananas and smothered in maple syrup.
- Homemade Minestrone Soup – This easy One-Pot Minestrone soup is loaded with veggie goodness, hearty beans, and pasta: the ultimate vegetable soup! This soup is the perfect warming comforting meal on a chilly day as it’s full of nutrients, fibre, super filling and most of all delicious.
- 5 Ingredient Banana Oat Pancakes – These single serve banana oat flour pancakes with only 5 ingredients are deliciously healthy, gluten and dairy-free and ready in 5 minutes! Who says pancakes are only meant for lazy Sundays? Now you can treat yourself during the week to these bad boys! I know it may seem like a crazy idea, who has time for pancakes when you’re rushing out the door?! But these pancakes are super simple to make.
- Mashed Salmon Avocado Tartine – Mashed salmon salad layered with baby spinach, avocado piled high on top of toasted sourdough bread with fresh basil and garlic, ready in 5 minutes! This recipe takes your usual avocado on toast to a whole new level..literally! I love adding ingredients like fresh basil and garlic to my canned tuna or salmon for that added burst of gourmet flavour.
What would you like to see more of in 2019? Leave me a comment if you have a brilliant recipe that you’d like to see a healthy version of, or if you have a suggestion for something else you’d like to see on my channel!