These single serve banana oat flour pancakes with only 5 ingredients are deliciously healthy, gluten and dairy-free and ready in 5 minutes!
Who says pancakes are only meant for lazy Sundays? Now you can treat yourself during the week to these bad boys! I know it may seem like a crazy idea, who has time for pancakes when you’re rushing out the door?! But these pancakes are super simple to make and ready in 5 minutes.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I’m a huge fan of pancakes and that it’s not my first time at this rodeo! To say I LOVE pancakes would be an understatement. My Gluten-Free Fluffy Pancakes along with my Healthy Banana Paleo Coconut Flour Pancakes have been on regular rotation during my Sunday brunches. But seeing as I love pancakes, I wanted a quick single serving recipe that I could whip up during the week, so that I don’t have to wait until the weekend. These pancakes are made with simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen: oats, banana, eggs, vanilla and salt.
Using oat flour is a great way to sneak in a good dose of dietary fibre, which will keep you feeling full longer. It also provides protein, and nutrients such as manganese, iron, magnesium and B-vitamins. The great thing about oat flour as well is that you can make your own. It’s so simple – just pop some good old fashioned oats in your blender and voila! You’ve made oat flour! I tend to make a big batch of oat flour so I can use it in other recipes such as my Blueberry Oat Pancakes
These pancakes are worthy of a Sunday morning brunch, but you can also enjoy them Monday to Friday, during a busy morning. This recipe is a single serving, but it is easy to double or triple if you’re cooking for the whole family. Just top with your favourite fruit, some nut butter and drizzle with a generous amount of pure maple syrup.
Let me know in the comments below how you like to top your pancakes!
If you recreate this recipe please share a photo on social media and TAG me @urhealthnut so I can easily find them and like them!
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sliced banana
- Raw sunflower seeds
- Nut butter
- Coconut yogurt
- Pure maple syrup
- Add the rolled oats to a blender or food processor and pulse until they are ground into a powder-like consistency. Skip this step if you already have oat flour.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until pudding/apple sauce like consistency. Add the egg, vanilla, a pinch of salt and oat flour. Stir until well combined and you have a thick batter like consistency.
- Heat a large non stick skillet on medium-high heat, and spray with coconut oil.
- Once the pan is nice and hot, scoop out about ¼ cup batter per pancake, onto the skillet. Cover and for about 2 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges. Flip and cook uncovered for about 1 minute or until golden.
- Serve topped with banana slices, sunflower seeds and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.