A: I’m Canadian but both my parents were born in Portugal so I’m also Portuguese.
A: Yes, I left my 9-5 Marketing corporate job back in January 2017 and have been working full time on HealthNut Nutrition ever since!
A: I’ll give you two! I can touch my nose with my tongue and I used to be a bartender in Australia.
A: This nickname started prior to the YouTube channel. It was just a fun nickname I started calling Matt back when we first started dating and it just stuck. I love it and I’m pretty sure he does too! Haha
A: Why thank you! Mr. Matt and I are so in love with our little furry girl, Cashew and love posting and sharing her adventures on her personal Instagram account which you can follow her on here: @cashew_the_boxer
A: I have rounded up some of my favourite skincare products for you to browse and get inspired HERE.
A: You could say I’m a Flexitarian although I don’t follow any specific label or “diet.” Instead I focus on eating wholesome nutrient-rich foods, low processed sugars/carbs, whole grains, loads of vegetables and fruit, healthy fats, fermented foods, good sources of animal protein like wild salmon, organic chicken and free-range eggs. I like to say I follow the 80/20 method, where I eat healthy 80% of the time while leaving 20% for sweets and wine. Eating intuitively without restrictions has allowed me to create a healthy and balanced relationship with food and really enjoy what I’m putting into my body.
A: I look at supplements as exactly what they’re called, supplements to my regular food and not replacements. I typically will take a multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D, Magnesium, Iron and a probiotic. During the winter months, I also like to up my omega 3 intake and will take a flax, hemp or fish oil supplement. I also like to add collagen powder and plant-based protein powder to my morning smoothie.
A: Gluten-Free Fluffy Pancakes hands down! If I could eat these every Sunday I would not be mad about it.
A: Although I think variety is key when it comes to eating healthy I typically follow the same template when blending up a green smoothie. My go tos are: baby spinach, cucumber, ginger root, frozen banana, frozen mango, flaxseed, cinnamon, spirulina powder, vanilla plant-based protein powder, lots of ICE (I like my smoothies extra cold!), unsweetened oat milk and filtered water. You can also download my FREE “How to Make the Perfect Green Smoothie Guide” HERE.
A: Every day I get questions about flour substitutions! To help you out, I created a FREE Flour 101 Guide! This guide includes flour substitutions, tips and my custom HealthNut Gluten-Free Flour Blend! Download the flour guide here.
A: Some of my favourite cookbooks include: The HealthNut Cookbook (duh), Joyous Health, Donna Hay, Deliciously Ella, and The First Mess. See my Amazon Book list for more of my favourite cookbooks!
A: The Goal Digger Podcast, The Ikonns, The Health Code, Party in my Plants, The Lively Show, The Rich Roll, The Tim Ferriss Show, Deliciously Ella, RISE podcast, That’s So Maven, The Ultimate Health Podcast, Let it Out, The YouTube Power Hour, The Joyous Health Podcast, the list goes on but that should get you through the next year!
A: Most of my kitchen essentials are sold on my online wellness shop, the HealthNut Shop!
A: My other favourite kitchen tools like my blender that are not sold in the HealthNut shop can be found on my Amazon Shop. Click here to check it out!
A: My favourite home and lifestyle products can be found on my Amazon Shop, which I keep up to date with current faves!
A: If the product you are looking for is out of stock, please be sure to subscribe to the HealthNut shop email list and follow us over on Instagram @shophealthnut! We will keep you up to date when popular products come back in stock, or when new products hit the shelves! Be sure to also sign up for back in stock notifications for the product you are interested in, and you’ll be automatically emailed as soon as it comes back in stock.