A roasted veggie rainbow protein power bowl topped with a fried sunny sided up egg and hummus for dipping.
If were going to be honest I’ve been eating variations of this power bowl for a week straight and Im not seeing an end to it any time soon. I mean not only can you prep all the roasted veggies ahead of time but it is an indecisive persons (aka ME!) dream in a bowl. You got lots of different foods all combined into one easy to eat bowl. Best part is you can play around with so many flavours and combos and it will still turn out delicious and nutritious.
For this version I opted for the base of quinoa and roasted carrot, cauliflower and broccoli but you could use rice, beans, sweet potato… you name it!
As more projects fall onto my plate and posting 3 videos a week now on the channel (YIKES) I’m all about the meal prepping lately! I even started a whole series on my channel about it, which you can watch here. Every week now I’ve been roasting up a ton of veg/cooking up some grains and storing it in the fridge for easy healthy lunches all week long.
I love these power bowls because they are such a great balance of protein, cards and healthy fats which will keep you full and your blood sugar balanced and happy.
What is your favourite power bowl combo? If you make this rainbow protein power bowl I would love it if you shared a photo on social media and TAGGED ME @urhealthnut so I can easily find and like it! 🙂
- 4 eggs
- 1 head cauliflower stem removed and florets chopped
- 1 head black kale chopped
- 6 heirloom carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup marinated artichokes
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil (extra for frying up eggs)
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Sriracha
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Add dry quinoa to a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil then lower heat to med-low and simmer for 10-15 min until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Place chopped carrots onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp dried herbs, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper and give it a good massage.
- Place chopped florets onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp dried herbs, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper and give it a good massage.
- Place chopped kale onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and squeeze of lemon juice then season with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, , pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper and give it a good massage.
- Roast all veggies in the oven at the same time for 45 min (25 min for the kale), tossing half way through.
- In a large pan on med-low heat, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry up 2-4 eggs depending how many people you are serving. Cook each egg with the lid on until the whites are cooked but the yokes are still runny (roughly 3-4 min).
- Assemble: In your bowls add in quinoa, roasted veggies, sliced avocado, artichokes, hummus and your fried egg. Optional, you can drizzle with some Sriracha if you like it spicy!
- You can prep your roasted veggies and quinoa in the beginning of the week and store it in the fridge in containers. Then when ready to eat all you have to do is warm everything up and fry up an egg to place on top with your extra fixings.