I don’t know what it is about things being “mini sized” but they always make everything look and taste better in my opinion. This Mini Greek Salad recipe is such fun healthy summer treat that you can enjoy as a snack or if you eat enough of them like I do…as a whole meal!
As my sister and I were shooting these we just couldn’t keep them on the plate. I kept having to pull her hand away as I was taking my food photos. We ended up making a side batch to snack on in the mean time. The moral of the story is…these were damn good! These Mini Greek Salad crackers provide you with that traditional Mediterranean flavour in a fun to eat bite-size snack. You can also easily customize this recipe by swapping out the goat cheese (if you’re Vegan) to a nut cheese like my raw vegan parmesan cheese.
I also used my all time favourite Mary’s gluten free crackers, which pack the perfect crunch and won’t get soggy from the salad.Whether you’re gluten intolerant or not, they are definitely worth a try. I personally think these are a great addition to any party as a healthy hors d’oeuvre or to pack separately and take to work or school for lunch. I would simply just pre-mix the salad with the cheese and olives then bring the crackers in a reusable bag. Then when you’re ready for lunch simply scoop out the salad with the crackers like you would salsa.
If you make these tasty treats, snap a photo and post it on social media with the hashtag #HEALTHNUTEATS so I can easily find your photos and like/comment on them!
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1/4 red onion onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- Gluten free crackers (my favourite are Mary's Gone Crackers)
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup Goat cheese (vegan option: my Raw Vegan Parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- In a food processor add in the cherry tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olive oil, seasoning and pulse for 8-10 seconds or until you get a good minced texture.
- Spread hummus on the gluten free crackers, top with a tablespoon amount of the Greek salad mixture and top with a crumble of goat cheese and a sliced olive.
- Enjoy straight away!
What food would you love to see transformed into healthy mini versions? Leave me a comment down below and you might just see it in an upcoming post!
Wishing you all a happy healthy summer.