A lightened up Spring inspired Shrimp Pasta dish with sautéed asparagus, peas and zucchini noodles made in less than 30 min!
Now that the warmer weather is approaching I’ve been all about incorporating seasonal veggies from the farmers market into my meals like asparagus and peas. I added shrimp to this spring pasta recipe but you can omit it all together if you’re vegan or vegetarian or swap it for BBQ grilled chicken. I like making easy and healthy recipes that are easy to customize so they work for everyone.
Now can we talk about how amazing veggies taste when spiralized? Not only are they fun to look at and eat but I often find spiralizing your veggies actually makes them taste different. The best part about zoodles is that you can use them to replace anything you would usually use pasta in making your dish both naturally gluten free and upping the veggie count!
I’ve used many different veggie sprializers over the years but I have to say this new one by my friend Ali from Inspiralized is a new FAV! It was super easy to use and I love all the different attachments it comes with so you can create different sizes of zoodles or really any veggie or fruit noodles your making. You will wuickly become addicted to finding out what foods in your kitchen can you spiralize! Sweet potatoes, cucumber and zucchini are definitely some of my favourites but I’m already thinking about regular potato curly fries and if eggplant will spiralize?…hmmm
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 bunch of asparagus peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 1/2 cups peeled raw shrimp
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To prep your zucchini you first want to wash and cut off the ends and spiralize it into noodles making sure to follow the directions of your spiralizer
- Next, in a large skillet on low-medium heat melt the butter and sauté onion for 2-3 min. Add in garlic, shrimp and sautee for an additional 2-3 min just until shrimp starts to turn pink then add in 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, lemon juice, parsley, chilli flakes, sea salt, pepper, parsley and cook for another couple of minutes until shrimp is opaque and pink.
- Add in peeled asparagus, peas, remaining vegetable broth, toss well and top with a lid to steam and cook for 2 min.
- Remove the lid, add in zucchini noodles, toss and pop the lid back on to cook for 2 min.
- Remove lid, toss and season with sea salt and black pepper and you're ready to serve!