This hearty chilli is packed with lean ground turkey, three types of beans, spiced to perfection and cooked in diced tomatoes. A delicious comforting meal that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
I know it may seem impossible that you can prepare a delicious chilli in about 10 minutes, but I’m here to tell you that it is. Even Mr. Matt challenged me on this one…haha! What’s great about this recipe is that a lot of these ingredients are most likely already in your pantry and you can easily interchange them. Don’t have ground turkey? Use ground chicken or beef, or even ground tofu for a vegetarian option. Don’t have black beans or kidney beans? Use whatever canned beans you have or like. One ingredient however that is irreplaceable in this recipe is the refried beans. This is my secret ingredient that makes this chilli out of this world. I highly recommend that you don’t skip this ingredient as it adds a nice thick and creamy texture, making it seem like you’ve been cooking it on the stove top for hours.
Not only is this recipe great for whipping up a quick dinner, it’s also perfect for meal prepping so that you can enjoy it throughout the week for lunch and dinner. It also freezes well, so you can store leftovers and enjoy it at a later time. This recipe is proof that you can cook healthy and amazing recipes quicker than it would take to order and wait for your take out meal to be delivered. I love dipping corn chips in my chilli with a dollop of yogurt and green onion for garnish. Next on my recipe goals is to create a cornbread recipe cuz there’s nothing more amazing than chilli and cornbread! Am I right? So stay tuned for that recipe coming soon!
If you’re looking for other quick dinner recipes that are ready in about 10 minutes, you’re going to love my Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice and Creamy Coconut Mushroom Chicken. Let me know in the comments below which one is your favourite!
Three-Bean Turkey Chili
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey (450g)
1 garlic clove, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic from the jar
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 can (19 oz/540ml) seasoned canned diced tomatoes (I used petite cut stewed tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion by the brand Aylmer Accents)
1 cup canned refried pinto beans
1 ½ cups cooked or 1 can (15oz/398mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cups cooked or 1 can (15oz/398mL) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Plain Greek or coconut yogurt for garnish
Sliced green onions for garnish
Corn Tortilla Chips on the side for dipping
1. In a large pot, heat the avocado oil on medium-high heat.
2. Add the turkey, garlic, chilli powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne and a pinch of salt and pepper. Break up the meat with a spatula, then cover and cook for 5 min, stopping half way to stir and break up the meat.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes and refried beans, stir well to combine then cover and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the black beans and red kidney beans, cover and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring halfway to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Uncover the pot and simmer on high heat for 1 min, stirring often to evaporate some liquid and thicken the sauce.
5. Serve hot with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and sliced green onions with corn chips. Store any cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.