Quick and easy healthier breakfast sandwiches made with veggie packed egg patties, crispy bacon, cheddar, and pesto on an Ezekiel english muffin. Make these ahead of time and freeze for busy mornings!
As much as I love my green smoothies for breakfast nothing beats a breakfast sandwich with all the fixings like egg, cheese and bacon. Once and a while when those cravings kick in I opt for my homemade version made with real ingredients that you can feel good about as oppose to those fast food options that you pick up in the drive thru.
These DIY breakfast sandwiches are not only the perfect hand held Sunday brunch but they are also freezer friendly. Go ahead and meal prep a few of these and freeze them in a large freezer bag to grab, heat and eat on busy weekends or for road trips and skip that coffee drive through!
You can really add any fillings that you like but I went with the classics and just added veggies I had leftover in the fridge to the mini egg patties. To make perfect breakfast sandwich egg patties you’ll want to use one of these non stick egg rings which I’m tempted to try next for my fluffy gluten free pancakes!
If you recreate these healthier breakfast sandwiches share your photo on social media and TAG me at @urhealthnut so I can easily find and like them 🙂
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of crispy free range bacon
- 4 slices of organic cheddar slices
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 Ezekiel english muffins
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, veggies and seasoning and whisk until combined.
- In a large non stick pan on low-medium heat using these non stick egg rings pour 1/4 cup of egg mixture into each ring, cover and cook for 3-4 min. Remove ring with tongs and flip patties to cook on the other side for only 5-10 seconds and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay bacon slices down making sure to not overlap.
- Bake in oven for 15-18 min, flipping half way through.
- Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Place down one half of english muffin and layer with cheese, bacon, egg patty, pesto and top with the other half of english muffin.
- Allow breakfast sandwiches to fully cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or large freezer bag to freeze for 1-2 months.
- Remove breakfast sandwich from freezer bag the night before and place in an airtight container in the fridge to thaw and reheat the next morning in the microwave or toaster oven until heated through.