An easy and healthy dinner recipe of roasted fish and veggies seasoned with chilli peppers and fresh basil for a kick of flavour. This dish is perfect for weeknights because its all made on one sheet pan and cooked in 40 min!
This whole sheet pan dinner thing has been quite the trend online nowadays and I can totally see why. I mean less clean up, less time, less fuss.. whats not to love? You can customize this dish anyway you like by switching out your veggies, protein and spices and you have a completely new flavourful dinner made on one easy tray.
I have never combined cod fish and basil and chilli peppers before but man was it a delicious flavour combo! I love trying out to new recipes when I’m trying to clean out my fridge of random leftovers because thats when you put odd things together and magic happens 😀
I hope you love this easy sheet pan dinner recipe as much as I have been and if you try it out don’t forget to TAG me on social @urhealthnut so I can easily FIND and LIKE it 🙂
- 2-4 fillets of fish
- 4 medium yellow potatoes chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Handful of fresh basil chopped
- 2-3 red chilli peppers sliced
- 1/2 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss on chopped potatoes , peppers, onion, garlic and drizzle everything with the on oil and give it a quick massage to mix it all together. Sprinkle on half the seasoning and roast in the oven for 20 min.
- Next remove from oven and create holes to lay the fish fillets in. Squeeze the lemon juice, sprinkle chilli peppers, basil and season with the remaining spices. And roast in the oven for another 20 min.