I don’t know about you but there’s something so satisfying about a big plate of fresh spaghetti pasta. I tend to stay away from the white or whole-wheat options, instead I choose either brown rice or in this case “zoodles” aka zucchini noodles for those of you who don’t speak Foodie haha! I’ve been spiralizing veggies for the past year, pretty much ever since I picked up my very own Paderno World Cuisine spiralizer from Amazon. I have a whole unboxing and how to video I did that you can watch here. Don’t get me wrong I still love my Paderno spiralizer but, we have limited counter space at my house so unfortunately it gets stored away and sometimes forgotten about… I know it’s horrible.
I figured a lot of you probably have this issue with other appliances in your kitchen. They simply just don’t all fit unless you have a Martha Stewart kitchen, you need to find alternate solutions that fit your space/lifestyle. I’ve been on the hunt for a quicker way to spiralize my veggies, so when I came across the Very Healthy Sprial Slicer from Varietyland, I thought I’d give it a try and make a yummy recipe for you guys.
I love this zucchini pasta and creamy avocado sauce because it feels indulgent without the carb crash. You can easily enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner, cold or hot and you wont feel bloated afterwards. Note: No bikini bodies were harmed in the making of this recipe 😉
I also loved the addition of my vegan parmesan cheese with this pasta recipe since it adds texture and provides a cheesy taste without the dairy.
I reached out to Varietyland and they have offered to giveaway 3 of their veggie slicers to you guys aka my friends living in the US and Canada! If your impatient like me and want to start spiralizing now, you can pick up one today and use the coupon code “NIKKYHNN” upon checkout to receive 20% (offer expires August 31st 2015). I checked and Amazon usually has them discounted anyways so you actually will get the 20% on top of the sale which I thought was a pretty sweet deal. You can find the handheld veggie slicer here! Also, Varietyland is proud to mention that the Very Healthy Spiral Slicer is now available for sale in Canada here.
All you have to do to enter into the giveaway is simply enter your name and email address into the box below and then you can follow the additional instructions for more entries and a higher chance of winning.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatos
- 1 small white onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup raw vegan parmesan
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Start by spiralizing your zucchinis to create zoodles aka zucchini noodles.
- Next, in your food processor add in the avocado, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper and blend until you've reach a creamy consistency. Set avocado sauce aside for flavours to infuse.
- In a non stick pan on low to medium heat add in the remaining olive oil, garlic, onion and asparagus and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes and lower the heat to just warm up the tomatoes but not cook them.
- Turn off the heat and allow veggies to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine veggies and zoodles and toss well.
- Add creamy avocado sauce and toss everything together very well until zoodles are evenly coated with the avocado sauce.
- Sprinkle the vegan parmesan and salt/pepper (optional)
- Best consumed within a few hours of making. This dish can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Disclosure: I created this post in partnership with Varietyland. All opinions expressed are my own personal thoughts and 100% HealthNut Approved!
Happy spiralizing! Leave a comment down below telling me what fruit or veggie you would like to try spiralizing 🙂