These 6 healthy snacks with only 3 ingredients, are super tasty, ready in a matter of minutes, and guaranteed to satisfy your cravings.
It’s no secret that I’m a huge snacker. Whether it’s salty, sweet, crunchy, smooth, you name it, I love them all! When you have a craving, you don’t have a lot of time to fuss around with a bunch of ingredients. Today I’m sharing my favourite go-to snacks that are super easy and healthy to make. Most of these snacks only take a minute or two to whip up, except the kale chips, but they are so worth it (and much cheaper than buying ready-made kale chips), I mean have you guys seen the price of kale chips?
1. Rice Cakes with Hummus and Avocado Crunchy, creamy and salty! The perfect savoury snack where the possibilities are endless. Spread the rice cakes with a generous amount of red pepper hummus or your favourite hummus, top with sliced avocados, season with salt and pepper and you’re done!
2. Kale Chips The healthier version of potato chips! These “cheesy” kale chips provide plenty of crunch and are perfect for when you’re craving something cheesy. Preheat the oven to 300℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Wash and thoroughly dry one medium-sized bunch of kale. Remove the stems and tear the leaves into bite-size pieces. Add the leaves to baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and give it a good massage. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 15 minutes. Enjoy!
3. Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates These are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth craving. I’ll take these over a chocolate bar any day! I mean is there anything that peanut butter doesn’t love. I like using salty peanut butter when I’m craving something sweet and salty. Carefully open the dates and remove the pits. Stuff each date with a spoonful of drippy peanut butter, you can also use any nut butter you like or even tahini and sprinkle with chia seeds.
4. Banana Sushi I like to think of these as sushi dessert, plus there’s just something fun about eating banana slices with chopsticks. Peel a ripe banana and drizzle with one of the following toppings: drippy peanut butter and blueberry jam, tahini sprinkled with chopped pistachios, or drippy almond butter sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. Cut into bite size pieces, get out those chopsticks and have a blast!
5. Cheesy Popcorn Who doesn’t love the sound and smell of fresh popping popcorn? Add ½ cup of kernels to an air popper and pop. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with more nutritional yeast. Toss and enjoy!
6. No-Bake Brownie Bites These brownie bites are perfect for when you’re craving something chocolatey and sweet. Add one cup of walnuts to the food processor and process for about 10 seconds. Toss in 1 cup (about 10 pitted medjool dates), 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and a pinch of sea salt. Process for another 30 to 60 seconds, until well combined and mixture sticks together. Scoop out about 1 ½ tablespoons into your hands and roll between the palm of your hands and shape into a ball. You can enjoy these straight away, or let them chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes first. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week and enjoy them throughout the week.
Let me know in the comments below your favourite go-to easy and healthy snacks!