Ever since I started eating healthier foods, I’ve always looked for ways to make quick and easy meals that still taste delicious without sacrificing flavour. I feel like pizza is a staple for most families which is why I think its important to find healthy options that you can replace your typical pizza night with. The best part about these mini vegan pizzas is the fact that everyone can make their own creations using whatever toppings you have on hand. No need to fight over whether you’re ordering Hawaiian or margarita again 🙂
A lot of the time I come up with my recipes while in a rush for time and in need of a quick bite thats healthy and still yummy. I started making these mini vegan pizzas while living and working in Perth, Australia. I would whip these pizzas in no time as a quick lunch before heading to work. Most of the time the fridge was packed with tons of left over veggies from last nights dinner or just things I needed to use up before they went bad.
These are all the ingredients I used in this version of my mini vegan pizzas but you can play around with tons of other toppings and flavours. I use to love adding jalapeños , roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes as well (not necessarily all together).
I used spelt tortilla wraps in this recipe but ezekiel, brown rice or non-gmo corn ones would work great too and would make this recipe gluten free.
- 2 tbsp. organic salsa sauce
- 1 spelt flour tortilla wrap
- 2 tbsp. Daiya pepper jack shredded vegan cheese
- Handful of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. diced zucchini
- 2 tbsp. diced crimini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. diced bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. sliced black olives
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 green onion sliced
- Spices-Cumin, turmeric, cayenne, lemon pepper and pink sea salt (pinch or 1/8 tsp. of each)
- -Spread your salsa onto your spelt flour tortilla wraps to evenly coat the surface
- Next, sprinkle your shredded vegan or favourite cheese all over the salsa sauce layer
- Add your layer of fresh baby spinach to cover the cheese slightly
- Then go ahead and add all of the remaining toppings finishing off with the green onion and spices
- On a oiled pizza stone or cookie sheet, bake in the oven at 350F for 20-25 min or until the cheese is melted and your crust is golden