This colourful Greek inspired pasta salad is packed with crunchy veggies, feta and olives all tossed together with a simple herb vinaigrette.
I pretty much grew up on pasta salads. My mom was such a master at them: tuna pasta, three cheese tortellini, broccoli pasta salad, you name it! They were always delicious and a staple for lunch and dinners and stored well in the fridge for a couple of days. So it’s no surprise that pasta salad would find its way into one of my recipes and what better way than combining one of my favourite salads with some brown rice fusilli pasta.
I love the Greek inspired flavours in this pasta salad, like tangy olives, the saltiness of creamy feta, chopped crunchy veggies and a simple herb vinaigrette infused with oregano. It’s one of my go to salads as I always seem to have the ingredients on hand. You can use your favourite type of pasta – I love using brown rice fusilli because I find it to be heartier than traditional pasta. It’s also naturally gluten free and is a great source fibre and iron.
This pasta salad is super easy and quick to toss together. You can make this for dinner and then pack any leftovers for lunch the next day as it’s great warm or cold and tastes even better the next day, when all the flavours have had a chance to infuse. Just toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl, making sure to go easy on the salt, as the olives and feta are quite salty on their own. You can add grilled chicken or fish to make it a complete healthy meal, but feel free to enjoy this on it’s own for a nice veggie option
Comment below and let me know what type of recipes you grew up on as a child and if you’ve created your own twist on them!
If you recreate this recipe please share a photo on social media and TAG me @urhealthnut so I can easily find them and like them!Recipe Card
- 2 cups brown rice pasta (fusilli or penne)
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- ½ cup whole pitted kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat feta
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Cook the brown rice pasta according to package instructions. I always like to cook mine for about 1 to 2 minutes less than the recommended time. Drain and rinse under cold water and toss with half a tablespoon of olive oil, this will keep it from sticking.
- Make dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, olives and feta with the dressing.
- Enjoy on its own, or with grilled chicken or fish. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 to 5 days.