A deconstructed burrito bowl loaded with fluffy quinoa, avocado, black beans, soft boiled egg with a simple dressing and corn chips for dipping!
Is it just me or is everything just better in a bowl? Not only is it easier and less messy to eat but you can combine all the same delicious flavours you would add to your wrap or taco. This happens to be one of Mr. Matt’s favourite quick meals as he loves anything Mexican inspired with salsa and guac for dipping.
This protein packed savoury bowl is perfect go to for taco night or to prep ahead for your work lunches because it stores well in the fridge. Served warm or chilled either way I’m down for any salad that calls for corn chips on the side and because it’s in a salad it’s healthy – right?
This recipe is a great example of why having pre-prepped ingredients like cooked quinoa, boiled eggs, grilled chicken, canned beans, etc..makes it even easier to put meals together throughout the week. Feel free to swap out the diced avocados for guacamole, and the traditional salsa for salsa verde! You can add extra protein to this bowl like chicken or ground meat but with the soft boiled egg, beans and quinoa it is hearty and filling even if you have a big appetite like myself.
What is your must have topping when it comes to burritos? Comment below!
If you recreate this recipe please share a photo on social media and TAG me @urhealthnut so I can easily find them and like them!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ ripe avocado, diced
- 1 Jammy egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime (1 tablespoon lime juice)
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon medium salsa
- 3 to 4 blue corn chips
- In a medium bowl, add the cooked quinoa in the centre. Arrange the black beans on one side of the bowl and add the diced avocados next to the beans. Slice the jammy egg in half and add next to the diced avocado.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Top with salsa and a few corn chips on the side.