A chocolatey Valentines Day dessert made with an almond coconut flour crust and filled with a avocado coconut cream chocolate mousse.
This fancy looking dessert is not only healthy but takes no time at all to whip together. The crust is made in one bowl, chocolate mousse in a blender and fresh strawberries and coconut whip to garnish and you’re done!
I’ve always been more of a sweets kind of girl although I’d have to say since being with Mr. Matt he’s brought me over to the salty/savoury side and now I love a good salt and vinegar kettle chip or plate of tacos. That being said I still love and crave a good sweet treat every now and then and this strawberry chocolate mousse tart hits just the spot.
I love how easy it is to make these and the fact they are made from REAL food like avocados (don’t worry no one will know!), coconut, almond and berries. No weird chemicals, white sugar or “vegetable” oils.. like since when do veggies have oils? I don’t know about you but my kale is never greasy lol
When I first created this recipe I tried doing a just coconut flour crust tart but I found them a bit (cough cough VERY dry) so I added in the almond flour for the perfect match. They have a subtle nutty flavour that works great with the chocolate mousse center and happens to be naturally gluten free.
I hope you make these for Valentines Day this week for your loved ones and no one has to know they’re actually healthy 😉
If you recreate this recipe make sure to share and tag me @urhealthnut in your food pics on social media so I can easily find and like them! I also love reposting your photos on my Instagram stories so keep an eye out you might just be featured 😀
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (room temp)
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup *coconut cream (refer to notes)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk (you can use any milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 can coconut whipped cream
- 6 large fresh strawberries cut in half
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together dry ingredients then add in wet until combined. You should have a crumbly soft dough.
- Transfer the dough evenly into a greased (I used coconut oil spray) muffin cooking sheet pressing into the cups with your fingers to cover the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 10-12 min until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 min then pop out gently with a butter knife and transfer to a cooling rack to cool fully before filling with mousse.
- In a high speed blender add in all of the ingredients and blend until creamy smooth.
- Optional you can transfer to an air tight glass container and place in the fridge for 30-60 min to thicken up and chill.
- Assemble: Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill each cooled tart shell with chocolate mousse. Top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a halved strawberry and enjoy!
- *Scoop out the coconut cream from 1 cans of full fat coconut milk, leaving the water behind to use in smoothies. You can also place the can in the fridge overnight to help the cream separate from the water but I find a lot of cans are separated even when at room temperature.