A simple muesli blend of oats, dried fruit, seeds and nuts turned into a hearty overnight bircher muesli cereal with coconut milk and fresh fruit ready for you when you wake up!
I’m sure everyone has heard of overnight oats by now but have you heard of bircher muesli? Its a version of overnight oats made with muesli which is a mix of rolled oats, dried fruit and nuts./seeds all mixed together or as I like to call an unbaked granola 😉 You can find my full recipe for my Simple Muesli recipe HERE.
When you soak muesli overnight with milk the oats and chia seeds just soak it right up and soften the oats and nuts to create a delicious cereal full of fibre, protein and will definitely keep you full all morning long!
You can top this overnight cereal with any fruit of your choice but I like to keep things simple and use fresh berries since I usually always have a container or two in my fridge. Berries are also full of antioxidants, fibre and lower in sugar which I love.
If you recreate this simple bircher muesli recipe I would love it if you shared a photo on social media and TAG’d me @urhealthnut so I can easily find them and like them!
- 1/2 cup of my Simple Muesli blend
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp plain coconut milk yogurt
- Optional: Fresh blueberries and raspberries and extra honey for drizzling on top.
- In a small container or mason jar add in muesli, milk, yogurt, and honey and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight works best.
- When ready to eat simply stir together and add fresh berries and a drizzle of honey and enjoy.
- You can store bircher muesli in the fridge in an air tight container for 3-4 days until ready to eat.