I’ve been asked numerous times to create some dorm friendly no bake/cook recipes for students living in residents. This healthy vegan banana bread mug cake is the perfect no bake option for a quick breakfast on the go or as a mid day snack, you pick. Even if your dorm does have an oven lets face it you don’t really have time nor want to spend hours in the kitchen cooking/baking when you could be either studying or hanging out with your friends.
These banana bread mug cakes literally take minutes to make and are super moist (I know people hate that word.. I’m sorry but they are!) and a much healthier option than most traditional banana breads.
I like whipping one of these up when I’m feeling like a sweet treat Ill add some chocolate chips in it or if it’s for breakfast I’ll opt for berries or walnuts. But no one says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast.
I hope you enjoy these no bake healthy vegan banana bread mug cakes (that was a mouth full) and make them as soon as you get the chance cause they’re seriously so addicting and comforting.
If you liked this recipe and want another awesome dorm friendly recipe then go check the recipe we cooked up over on Candice’s YouTube channel: The EdgyVeg. Candice made the most AH-MAZ-ING Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding that is to die for.. Seriously this is what they mean by “death by chocolate,” except there’s PB too! Although this is for dessert you could totally have this for breakfast to! Go check it out I know you’ll love it!
- 3 tbsp. spelt flour
- 1 tbsp. chocolate chips or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 very ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon & sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- In a small bowl mix together wet ingredients, banana, apple sauce, vanilla, nut milk, and coconut sugar.
- In a small bowl mix together dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add batter into a small ceramic mug (greased with coconut oil).
- Flatten the top of the batter with a spatula to remove air bubbles and microwave for 2-3 min until cooked.
- Using a butter knife, score around the mug cake and flip out onto a cooling rack to cool for 5 min.
- To check if your banana bread mug cake is fully cooked, stick a toothpick down the middle and if it comes out clean its done.