Grilled Chicken Avocado and Tomato Sandwich
This grilled BBQ chicken sandwich layered with smashed avocado, tomatoes, fresh greens and a hint of honey dijon mustard, is the ultimate sandwich with a fun twist!
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 slices of Maple Lodge Farms’ BBQ Cooked Chicken Breast deli meat
- ⅛ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 pickle sliced lengthwise
- Handful of fresh arugula or leafy green lettuce
- 2 slices of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter or ghee
In a small bowl, smash the avocado and horseradish with the back of a fork and set aside.
Assemble the sandwich: spread the smashed avocado on 1 slice of bread, add the sliced deli meat, sliced onions, sliced pickles, a handful of arugula or lettuce and sliced tomatoes and top with honey dijon mustard.
In a medium size skillet, melt the butter or ghee over medium-high heat. Carefully transfer your sandwich with all the toppings on to one half of the skillet, then place the other slice of the bread on the other half of the skillet in order to grill it. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Next, add the slice of bread with no toppings on top of your sandwich, and carefully transfer to a plate or cutting board. Gently press down, slice in half and enjoy!