The Perfect Green Smoothie
The perfect green smoothie to help you feel balanced, energized and fuelled for the day! Loaded with greens, veggies, fibre, plant-based protein, healthy fats and just enough fruit to sweeten without making it a dessert for breakfast.
- 1/2 Frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Mango fresh or frozen
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 Cauliflower florets* steamed and frozen
- 2 large handfuls Baby spinach
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Spirulina powder (I prefer Hawaiian ones because of the taste and quality- doesn’t have a fishy smell)
- 1 tbsp Nut butter almond or peanut
- 1 cup Filtered water
- 1 cup Unsweetened nut or plant milk oat or almond
- 3 Ice cubes
- 1 scoop Vanilla plant based protein powder
Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth, about 60 seconds. I like to use the smoothie setting on my blender as it blends it perfectly. If you don’t have this setting then blend on high for about 60 to 90 seconds, until smooth.
*To prep the cauliflower, fill the bottom of a large pot with 2 inches of water, add a steamer basket and bring the water to boil. Lower the heat to medium, add the cauliflower and cover. Steam for 7 to 9 minutes, until lightly steamed but still firm and crunchy (you don’t want them to be fully cooked and soft). Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to cool completely. Place in the freezer and freeze for 1 to 2 hours. Remove the tray from the freezer and transfer the frozen cauliflower to a reusable freezer bag like this one. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.