Greek Chickpea Chopped Salad
A simple chopped greek inspired salad packed with plant based protein from chickpeas, tossed on top of romaine with a simple seasoned vinaigrette.
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ¼ lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon italian seasoning
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, add the lettuce, chickpeas, red onions, cucumber, tomatoes and olives.
Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Serve with a slice of crusty olive bread!