Dive-Bomber Push up
- Start with your hands and feet on the floor and your hips raised, forming an inverted V with your body.
- Lower your shoulders, then glide your chest forward, bringing it between your hands and up toward the ceiling.
- Keep hands about 2 to 3 inches wider than your shoulders and your knees and hips 2 to 3 inches off the floor.
- Reverse the move, bringing your hips back toward the ceiling to starting position.
Decline Push up
- Place hands on floor slightly wider than shoulders and prop feet onto a step (or any slightly elevated object).
- Slowly bend arms and lower body until elbows are at 90 degree angles.
- Straighten arms and push up without locking your elbows.
- Keep abs tight throughout the exercise.
Spiderman Push up
- Start in the standard push up position, with your hands under your shoulders and your body in a straight line.
- As you lower your torso towards the floor, bend your elbows out to the side.
- At the same time, lift one foot off the floor; bend the knee to the side up to hip level.
- Return your leg back to starting position as you lift your torso back up and straighten your elbows.
- Repeat this action, alternating sides.
Dynamo Push up
- Start in the standard push up position, with your hands under your shoulders and your body in a straight line
- Hop forward towards your chest, bending knees and crunching abs in.
- Next, hop back to starting position, keeping abs tight and straighten back.
- Repeat this action.
Leg up Push up
- Get into push up position and extend one leg slightly higher than your hips.
- Slowly lower yourself towards the ground using only your arms. Keep your back straight and don’t flare out your elbows too much.
Return to starting position. Then repeat with opposite leg.
Tip: You can make any of these push ups more difficult by bringing your hands closer together; this will also target your triceps! If you would like to make any of these exercises easier, feel free to reduce the weight by placing your knees on the ground.
Your Fitness Nut,