Every day our bodies are faced with the harsh environment around us, including free radicals, UVA and UVB rays, cigarette smoke and more… It is important to give your body a reboot once and a while to help you stay cleansed. I’m constantly on the market to find products and foods that are free of chemicals such as, preservatives and fillers.To help the battle those impurities in our bodies, I’ve listed some everyday easy and simple cleansing tricks:1. Avoid caffeine: Instead drink hot water with fresh lemon and ginseng in the morning and after lunch. It will still give you a burst of energy and alertness while cleansing your mind and body.2. Break a sweat each day: It doesn’t have to be labour intensive, grab a skipping rope or just simply just yourself and run or workout to your favourite beats to keep you pumped and motivated!3. No carbs after 6pm: Unless you’re training for a marathon you want to try and eat your carbs early in the day. This way your body has time to burn off these extra calories while you’re awake and moving…And not while you’re sleeping.
4. Eat your veggies under cooked: This will help preserve the nutrients so you don’t cook them away in your pot or pan.
5. Eat your greens: Drink a green smoothie daily as part of your morning routine, mix up … 1 bunch of spinach, 1 frozen peeled banana, and a handful of frozen blueberries. *NOTE: you can also add in things like fish oils, ground flax seed, and wheat germ, to really give you a morning boost of energy.
6. No added salt or sugar: Try not to add more sodium or processed sugar to your meals or drinks. If you must, stick to “Mrs. Dash sodium free seasonings and agave (an all natural sweetener).
7. Stay Hydrated: I can’t stress this enough, drink lots and lots of water on a daily basis. If you want to make it easier, break it up during each meal and snack so you reach your goal. Aim for 1.5-2 liters a day, H2O is the best way to cleanse out toxins in the body and keep you feeling awake and glowing.
8. Get your Omega 3: Your skin, hair and nails need hydrating too, my favourite is Carlson Cod Liver Oil- Lemon flavour. It tastes like lemon oil. Absolutely no “fish taste” at all… Promise! (You can also buy capsules if you don’t like the texture)
9. Switch up your juices: Substitute your juice and pop for pure pomegranate and cranberry juices. They contain up to three times the amount of antioxidants found in green tea. Simply add water to your pure juices and enjoy the benefits!
cereal, oatmeal or even yogurt. Eating fiber on a regular basis will help clean out your intestines and get rid of any waste left behind.I’s so important to protect your skin and body from pollution and unhealthy foods. Build up of toxins and waste in the body can lead to many health risks and cause premature aging. By using these 10 simple steps you’ll be sure to notice a difference, and your body will thank you too!Brought to you by your Health Nut,