The ULTIMATE KALE SALAD layered with apple chunks, crispy bacon, avocado, nuts and seeds and a creamy sweet Maple Tahini Dressing. This is the perfect salad to wrap up the Summer with!
I have to say I think Tahini and kale might just be the new peanut butter and jam because they are just a perfect pairing in my opinion. I basically will just find any excuse to eat them together and this Apple Bacon and Kale Salad is just the Summer salad I need in my life.
Even if you’ve never considered yourself a kale lover this salad is about to change your mind. Its finely shredded with loads of toppings and a creamy dressing that it just hides right in there while creating the perfect base for all the flavours.
You might be thinking BACON and KALE, really?! They say opposites attract and in this case it couldn’t be more accurate. And although this is technically a Summer salad it will no doubt carry you through the Fall season with its heartiness and rich flavours it is bound to BBQ and potluck staple this year and maybe even make its way to your Christmas feast. Yes I said the “C” word I’m sorry it won’t happen again until at least November.. 😉
If you haven’t tried my Creamy Maple Tahini Dressing yet then you are about to fall in love. Seriously though it is one of my holy grail salad dressings that I have created and I keep coming back to it because it just has a unique and satisfying flavour. It will make you crave and eat more salads, guaranteed or your money back!
- 1 head of leafy green kale de-stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- 1 apple (I used Pink Lady) chopped, skin on
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 6 strips bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Maple Tahini Dressing (get the recipe here)
- Cook up the bacon on a large skillet on medium heat for 3-4 min per side until crispy. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel to cool them roughly chop and set aside.
- Place chopped kale into a large wide salad bowl and toss in remaining toppings.
- Drizzle on Maple Tahini Dressing, toss and serve!
- Because kale is a heartier green you can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days with the dressing mixed in and it will last.