Sweet grilled seasonal peaches and cherries with coconut milk ice cream and homemade gooey salted caramel sauce drizzled right on top!
There is nothing quite like grilled fruit, especially when its local in season fruit that is super ripe! The only thing better is when its combined with creamy vanilla bean ice cream and smothered in salted caramel.
Who knew when you combine coconut milk and maple syrup and simmer it down you are left with a decadent sweet and salty rich caramel sauce that tastes and looks just like the real deal.
- 2 large ripe peaches sliced into segments
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tub of vanilla bean coconut milk ice cream
- 1 can (13oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chunky sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat up a grill pan on medium heat with a spray of coconut oil so it doesn't stick. Next, place sliced fruit and cook for 3-5 per side.
- Plate your grilled fruit with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle salted caramel sauce on top.
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat combine coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt and bring to boil.
- Once boiled lower to low-medium heat and simmer for 25 min while whisking occasionally.
- During the last 5 min add in coconut oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes until you've reached a dark caramel colour and it coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slighty and thicken up.
- Serve the caramel sauce warm or cool fully and refrigerate in an air tight container for 1-2 weeks.