A fun twist on the classic banana split on a kebab! Made fresh strawberries and banana drizzled with chocolate and chopped salted peanuts.
Not only are these easy banana split fruit kebabs delicious but they are the perfect summer dessert to take on the go with you to a picnic, the beach or even in the backyard with the kids and fam jam!
I don’t know about you but banana splits were always the ultimate ice cream treat for me as a child. So if you’re looking for a healthier option that has the same flavours than you’re in for a treat – pun intended.
You could also swap out the strawberries for pineapple or mango with shredded coconut for sprinkles. So many combinations not enough Summer.. I hope you give this healthy Summer treat a try and if you do be sure to share a photo on social media and TAG me @urhealthnut and #healthnut so I can easily find it and like it 🙂
- 2 medium ripe bananas sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 9 large fresh whole strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts chopped
- 3-4 bamboo skewers
- Melt down the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double broiler on low-medium while whisking until smooth. Set aside to slightly cool before transferring into a plastic squeeze bottle or ziploc bag with a cut corner to drizzle afterwards.
- Thread whole strawberries and banana slices onto a bamboo skewer alternating fruit.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top and sprinkle on chopped peanuts. Allow to chocolate to dry and set for a few minutes before enjoying.