Sweet and tangy grilled pina colada inspired grilled shrimp kebabs with a lime coconut pineapple marinade made fresh and simple ingredients.
I cannot tell you how flavourful these pina colada grilled shrimp kebabs are! If you love coconut, pineapple and lime then you are going to love these kebabs. First off grilled pineapple is one of the best things ever and if you haven’t tried it you need to seriously do that like today haha and the combination of sweet fresh pineapple with BBQ grilled chard shrimp is so damn good you’ll want to double up this recipe because they definitely won’t last very long.
- 9 large tiger shrimp de-veined, raw with shell
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- optional: Toasted coconut flakes for garnishing
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice (just use left over juice from cutting your pineapple)
- 1 tsp sambal (I like this brand)
- zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl whisk in all of you ingredients except for the shrimp. Reserve a little bit for grilling later and then add shrimp, gentle mix to coat, cover and marinate for 30 min.
- Using a bamboo skewer that has been soaked in water for at least an hour, start to thread shrimp and fruit onto the skewers alternating ingredients.
- Turn on grill to medium high. Once grill is nice and hot, add kebabs and cook for about 4 min on each side until fully cooked.
- Brush with a little of the reserved marinade onto the kebabs while cooking if you like to add some flavour and keep them from sticking to the grill.