Lemony pepper grilled salmon kebabs with cherry tomatoes, lemon slices and simple seasoning for a flavourful grilled summer entree.
For me fish and seafood is my steak and there’s something about grilled salmon on a hot summers day with a glass of vino that just makes me so happy. If salmon ain’t your thing you can totally sub it for any other fish or even swap it for chicken breast which would be delicious too and I might end up trying it myself.
I love this lemon pepper salmon kebab because its so simple to make and tastes SO flavourful. Its funny how some of the most simplest flavour combos like lemon and pepper can be so satisfying to the tastebuds. Its like salt and vinegar… who ever invented that I both love and hate you lol lets just say I’m in a S&V chip phase at the moment…
- 2 wild salmon fillets cut into 1 inch cubes (fresh or completely thawed from frozen)
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (you can use olive oil as well)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning (I like this brand)
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning (I like this brand)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a medium sized bowl whisk in all of you ingredients except for the salmon. Reserve a little bit for grilling later and then add salmon, gentle mix to coat, cover and marinate for 30 min.
- Using a bamboo skewer that has been soaked in water for at least an hour, start to thread salmon and veggies onto the skewers alternating ingredients.
- Turn on grill to medium high and place down a sheet of foil to prevent fish from sticking. Once grill is nice and hot, add a bit of marinade then kebabs and cook for about 4 min on each side until fully cooked.
- Brush with a little of the reserved marinade onto the kebabs while cooking if you like to add some flavour and keep them from sticking to the grill.